Why this program?
A Bachelor of Arts and Sciences in Interdisciplinary Studies will allow you to craft your education around varied interests and passions. You’ll be empowered to blend courses from multiple disciplines, providing you with boundless opportunities to explore and discover what inspires you. By bridging together knowledge from various fields you’ll graduate with a solid understanding of how the world is interconnected and you’ll be prepared to tackle the challenges of the 21st Century.
What can you do with this degree?
Here are examples of career paths that some of our student and alumni have pursued.
- Life Coach
- Healing Arts Practitioner
- Outdoor Program Facilitator
- Community College Instructor
What will this program look like?
Students will partner with their advisors to design a degree that caters to their interests spanning across multiple disciplines.
Students learn the skills to:
- Develop linkages between their interdisciplinary intellectual inquiries and their own ethnic positions in terms of contemporary challenges facing diverse individuals, communities, and societies.
- Integrate arts and science knowledge, methods, and modes of thinking drawn from two or more disciplines relative to complex problems and intellectual questions.
- Apply approaches derived from an area of primary focus to complex interdisciplinary paradigms.
Key program information
August 20, 2024
January 14, 2025
August 5, 2024
January 2, 2025
- Completed Application
- Official transcripts
- List of References
Admissions & Apply
- The Interdisciplinary Studies BA Program is accredited by Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association. The Higher Learning Commission has approved Prescott College to offer all of its degree titles via distance education..
GLOBAL CENTER SPOTLIGHT
Kino Bay Adventures for Undergraduate Students Over Break
Between Winter block one and two, several Prescott College students took a four-day trip to Kino Bay, Mexico. The Kino Bay Center facilitates, supports, and integrates collaborative efforts promoting sustainable use and conservation of resources in the Gulf of California’s culturally and biologically rich Midriff Island Region.
Eight students and two instructors took a twelve-hour road trip in the van to the Prescott College Kino Bay Center. With gorgeous sunsets every night over powdery tan sand, students noted that even more spectacular was the wildlife. About fifteen species of birds thrive in Kino, and the Center focuses on tracking the progression throughout the seasons of the different types of species.
Careers & Opportunities
The jobs listed below show how versatile our Environmental Studies BS degree is, and how valuable our graduates are:
- Assistant Professor of Biology
- Audubon Alaska’s Director of Conservation Science
- Campaign Organizer/Green Policy Advocate
- Community Development
- Environmental Director
- Conservation Biologist
- Conservation Director of the Sky Island Alliance
- Director of Prescott Creeks
- Director of Western Watersheds
- Project Ecologist, Author, and Lead Scientist at Earthwatch Institute
Our student success team works with you to map out a plan that works, for your goals and your life. There are many ways to get where you’re going, and we’ve seen it all!
Are you interested in being part of our community?
One thing we all have in common is our passion – passion for helping others, passion for the environment, passion for social justice and a passion for a different kind of learning experience.